Child Sexual Abuse Statistics
- As many as 1 in 4 girls is and one in 6 boys will be sexually abused before age 18.
- Over 90% of sexual offenders are someone the child knows and trusts – a parent or other relative, teacher, camp counselor, babysitter, or family friend
- 30 – 40% are abused by a family member.
- One out of every seven victims of child sexual abuse is age five or younger.
- Forty percent of the offenders who victimized children under age 6 were juveniles (under the age of 18).
- Only one in ten children who are abused will ever tell anyone.
For more statistics see: